Kids Can Cook! Recipe Corner
For this Holiday Recipe, the Kids Can Cook Cookbook Club chose a delicious, sweet recipe of Pumpkin Pie Crumble Cake!
Pumpkin Pie Crumble Cake
- Vegetable shortening to grease pan
- Flour for the pan
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of room temperature butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans of pumpkin
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of chilled butter
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare your pan by
greasing it with shortening and adding flour.
- Measure out 1/4 of a cup of cake mix & put aside. Mix the cake mix, room-temperature butter, and 1 egg until combined. Then press the mixture into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Blend together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, 1 cup of sugar,
3 eggs, & cinnamon. Pour over crust.
- Blend remaining 1/4 of a cup of sugar, chilled butter, and cake mix until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the filling.
- Bake until the center is firm, around 70 to 75 minutes. Enjoy!
In the comments below, tell us what your favorite holiday recipe to prepare!