This new banana cake recipe with frosting was a big hit at cookbook club. It’s a great way to use your ripe bananas in a fun dessert.
Let us know in the comments if you give it a try!
Banana Cake Cream Cheese Frosting
2 cups flour 6 oz softened cream cheese
1 tsp. baking soda 4 TB. Softened unsalted butter
1 tsp. cinnamon 2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter 1 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick flour spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Contine beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in vanilla and bananas.
- Mix in half of the flour, then the sour cream, then the other half of the flour.
- Spread batter in pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until top is slightly browned and the surface bounces back when you press it.
- Mix all frosting ingredients. If too stiff to spread, add a tsp of water until desired consistency. Spread over slightly warm cake. Refrigerate for best flavor.